This is an in-depth technical analysis of the California Low Carbon Fuel Standard. See Table 3-2: GHG emissions from fossil-based transportation fuels (page 54) for estimates on how tar sands upstream and total emissions surpass those of conventional oil.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up