We can’t go back to business as usual after COVID19.
Business as usual meant climate inaction and widespread inequality. That’s why we’re building a movement for a #JustRecoveryforAll that puts people first.
Today, Climate Action Network – Réseau action climat Canada joined hundreds of organizations from coast to coast to coast in launching 6 principles that are essential to a #JustRecoveryForAll that will allow us to #BuildBackBetter. Here are the headlines:
- Put people’s health and wellbeing first, no exceptions.
- Strengthen the social safety net and provide relief directly to people.
- Prioritize the needs of workers and communities.
- Build resilience to prevent future crises.
- Build solidarity and equity across communities, generations, and borders.
- Uphold Indigenous rights and work in partnership with Indigenous peoples.
We see the principles as a high-level framework upon which organizations’ more detailed, experience-specific work can be lifted up. We see the incredible care work happening in every corner of Canadian civil society right now and we want to amplify it! We need your help to create a loud drumbeat across Canada demanding transformative action to build a more resilient, equitable society as we continue to grapple with and eventually emerge from this crisis.
Endorse the principles and share your own resources related to COVID-19 response and relief, and please invite your friends and colleagues to do the same!