Global oil addiction and an international failure to establish a price on carbon have created an explosive boom in the tar sands. Despite the current financial crisis, every major multinational and state-owned oil company continues to invest in the Alberta tar sands, now the world’s biggest energy project and Canada’s largest source of industrial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up