Global oil addiction and an international failure to establish a price on carbon have created an explosive boom in the tar sands. Despite the current financial crisis, every major multinational and state-owned oil company continues to invest in the Alberta tar sands, now the world’s biggest energy project and Canada’s largest source of industrial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- New poll reveals Canadians want Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to deliver on climate promises in his first 100 days in office
- Governments must urgently present a clear pathway for the future of oil and gas workers: new report from Climate Action Network and Blue Green Canada
- Shannon Franssen announced as new Executive Director of Climate Action Network Canada
- Environmental organizations representing millions of Canadians urges Prime Minister Trudeau to listen to the majority – climate-concerned voters – and swiftly fulfil climate promises
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties