Global oil addiction and an international failure to establish a price on carbon have created an explosive boom in the tar sands. Despite the current financial crisis, every major multinational and state-owned oil company continues to invest in the Alberta tar sands, now the world’s biggest energy project and Canada’s largest source of industrial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Civil Society Reacts to Canada’s Newly Announced Federal Climate Target
- New research: Canada can double climate ambition for 2030 and reduce energy costs
- Federal Budget React: Canadian Civil Society Responds
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice
- Environmental groups urge federal parliamentarians to unblock climate bill