Global oil addiction and an international failure to establish a price on carbon have created an explosive boom in the tar sands. Despite the current financial crisis, every major multinational and state-owned oil company continues to invest in the Alberta tar sands, now the world’s biggest energy project and Canada’s largest source of industrial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan
- Climate Action Network Establishes Expectations for Canada at UN Climate Negotiations in Bonn
- MEDIA ADVISORY: CAN-Rac Members Available for Comment at COP23