A new report by Environmental Defence and ForestEthics called “Our Nation, Their Interest: The Case Against the Northern Gateway Pipeline and Tanker Project” was released today as part of a BC delegation to Ottawa. The report documents the reasons why Enbridge’s proposal is not in the interest of Canadians, from an economic or environmental perspective. For example, the report finds that the pipeline would carry 100 million tonnes of carbon pollution each year and is premised on a scenario of dangerous inaction on climate change.
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice
- Environmental groups urge federal parliamentarians to unblock climate bill
- Climate Action Network Canada Reacts to Supreme Court Ruling on Carbon Pricing
- Canada’s new Net Zero Advisory Body and Bill C-12
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Reacts to the Federal Government’s New Climate Action Plan