A new report by Environmental Defence and ForestEthics called “Our Nation, Their Interest: The Case Against the Northern Gateway Pipeline and Tanker Project” was released today as part of a BC delegation to Ottawa. The report documents the reasons why Enbridge’s proposal is not in the interest of Canadians, from an economic or environmental perspective. For example, the report finds that the pipeline would carry 100 million tonnes of carbon pollution each year and is premised on a scenario of dangerous inaction on climate change.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate