Canada’s increasing reliance on the oil sands is not the best strategy for the economy or our environment. This report shows if the $1.3 billion in government subsidies, now given to the oil and gas sector, were instead invested in renewable energy and energy efficiency, Canada would create more jobs: 18,000 more. We also discuss in detail the economic risks of relying increasingly on the volatile oil market.
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties
- Climate Action Network calls for postponement of COP26 until safety and equity concerns addressed
- CAN-Rac’s 2021 Federal Election Policy Priorities
- “Code red” IPCC report confirms the urgent need for large-scale climate action
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition