Canada’s increasing reliance on the oil sands is not the best strategy for the economy or our environment. This report shows if the $1.3 billion in government subsidies, now given to the oil and gas sector, were instead invested in renewable energy and energy efficiency, Canada would create more jobs: 18,000 more. We also discuss in detail the economic risks of relying increasingly on the volatile oil market.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up