Canada’s increasing reliance on the oil sands is not the best strategy for the economy or our environment. This report shows if the $1.3 billion in government subsidies, now given to the oil and gas sector, were instead invested in renewable energy and energy efficiency, Canada would create more jobs: 18,000 more. We also discuss in detail the economic risks of relying increasingly on the volatile oil market.
- Climate Action Network Canada and the Canadian Coalition for Climate and Development respond to G7 announcement on climate finance
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to Government of Canada’s Policy Statement on future thermal coal mining projects and project expansions
- Environmental organizations urge swift passage of amended climate bill through Parliament
- The IEA’s new report outlines a pathway to net-zero by 2050. Here’s why it matters & what it means
- A Climate Accountability Law for a Safe and Brighter Future