The new report, Dirty Oil Diplomacy – The Canadian Government’s Global Push to Sell the Tar Sands, outlines the changing domestic and international policies of the Canadian government as they work to expand the tar sands – Canada’s fastest growing source of greenhouse gas pollution. This report is based on hundreds of pages of documents obtained through Canadian freedom of information laws. It paints a clear picture for the first time of the tar sands advocacy strategy, a collaborative effort of the Governments’ of Canada and Alberta along with industry to ensure that no doors are closed to Canada’s highly polluting tar sands.
- Press Release: Environmental and Labour organizations petition the Canadian Ministers to ensure Canada’s trade deal with Brazil and Mercosur countries enforces the protection of the Amazon
- International Development And Environmental Organizations Call Canada’s Green Climate Fund Commitment Welcome, But Insufficient
- CAN-Rac Letter to Elections Canada
- Canada’s contribution to GCF’s First Replenishment
- Getting Real about Canada’s Climate Plan