The new report, Dirty Oil Diplomacy – The Canadian Government’s Global Push to Sell the Tar Sands, outlines the changing domestic and international policies of the Canadian government as they work to expand the tar sands – Canada’s fastest growing source of greenhouse gas pollution. This report is based on hundreds of pages of documents obtained through Canadian freedom of information laws. It paints a clear picture for the first time of the tar sands advocacy strategy, a collaborative effort of the Governments’ of Canada and Alberta along with industry to ensure that no doors are closed to Canada’s highly polluting tar sands.
- Recommendations to G7 Environment, Oceans and Energy Ministers from the Environment & Energy Working Group of the G7 Global Task Force
- Climate Action Network Canada Reacts to Trans Mountain Court Ruling
- Climate Action Network Canada Letter to Premier Doug Ford
- Argentina and Canada Announce Peer Review of Fossil Fuel Subsidies
- Shaping the future: a new vision for civil society and the G7