The new report, Dirty Oil Diplomacy – The Canadian Government’s Global Push to Sell the Tar Sands, outlines the changing domestic and international policies of the Canadian government as they work to expand the tar sands – Canada’s fastest growing source of greenhouse gas pollution. This report is based on hundreds of pages of documents obtained through Canadian freedom of information laws. It paints a clear picture for the first time of the tar sands advocacy strategy, a collaborative effort of the Governments’ of Canada and Alberta along with industry to ensure that no doors are closed to Canada’s highly polluting tar sands.
- Our LUSH Giving Tuesday Campaign
- COP25 derailed as polluters prioritized over people and planet
- Environmental groups welcome Minister Wilkinson promising greater action on climate change to the global community
- Statement: Canadian civil society calls on Minister Wilkinson to show up to COP25 with real climate ambition
- Climate Action Network Canada Response to Speech from the Throne