The new report, Dirty Oil Diplomacy – The Canadian Government’s Global Push to Sell the Tar Sands, outlines the changing domestic and international policies of the Canadian government as they work to expand the tar sands – Canada’s fastest growing source of greenhouse gas pollution. This report is based on hundreds of pages of documents obtained through Canadian freedom of information laws. It paints a clear picture for the first time of the tar sands advocacy strategy, a collaborative effort of the Governments’ of Canada and Alberta along with industry to ensure that no doors are closed to Canada’s highly polluting tar sands.
- CAN-Rac Statement on the Federal Government of Canada’s newly announced $10 billion dollar infrastructure plan
- Collaboration with the Foundation for Environmental Stewardship
- Climate Action Network Canada’s Executive Director Catherine Abreu Responds to Speech from the Throne: A Call to Parliamentarians to Meet the Challenges of This Time
- Ensuring a Just Recovery for Canada
- Organizations ask for climate action in throne speech/ Les organisations demandent de l’action climatique dans le discours du trône