The Durban climate summit that ended on Sunday has been proclaimed a great success. The chair, South Africa’s international relations minister, Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, told the delegates: “We have concluded this meeting with [a plan] to save one planet for the future of our children and our grandchildren to come. We have made history.” Don’t be fooled. It was an almost total failure.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate