The Durban climate summit that ended on Sunday has been proclaimed a great success. The chair, South Africa’s international relations minister, Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, told the delegates: “We have concluded this meeting with [a plan] to save one planet for the future of our children and our grandchildren to come. We have made history.” Don’t be fooled. It was an almost total failure.
- No room for provincial exceptionalism when it comes to cutting carbon pollution
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to the One Planet Summit in Paris, and Canada’s role there
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan