As rumors swirled about Canada’s potential withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, the nation continued its Fossil Award–winning sweep at the COP17 talks in Durban, South Africa, on November 30 as the Climate Action Network (CAN) handed out its daily dose of anti-kudos to countries that put pollution-causing development ahead of lives.
- Civil Society Reacts to Canada’s Newly Announced Federal Climate Target
- New research: Canada can double climate ambition for 2030 and reduce energy costs
- Federal Budget React: Canadian Civil Society Responds
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice
- Environmental groups urge federal parliamentarians to unblock climate bill