As rumors swirled about Canada’s potential withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, the nation continued its Fossil Award–winning sweep at the COP17 talks in Durban, South Africa, on November 30 as the Climate Action Network (CAN) handed out its daily dose of anti-kudos to countries that put pollution-causing development ahead of lives.
- No room for provincial exceptionalism when it comes to cutting carbon pollution
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to the One Planet Summit in Paris, and Canada’s role there
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan