As rumors swirled about Canada’s potential withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gas emissions, the nation continued its Fossil Award–winning sweep at the COP17 talks in Durban, South Africa, on November 30 as the Climate Action Network (CAN) handed out its daily dose of anti-kudos to countries that put pollution-causing development ahead of lives.
- Delivery of promised $100 billion delayed again; new climate finance plan fails to match the urgency of the need
- CAN-Rac releases COP26 brief, A Manifesto of Resistance
- New poll reveals Canadians want Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to deliver on climate promises in his first 100 days in office
- Governments must urgently present a clear pathway for the future of oil and gas workers: new report from Climate Action Network and Blue Green Canada
- Shannon Franssen announced as new Executive Director of Climate Action Network Canada