On the eve of the 17th UNFCCC, the world’s climate summit, the UK Tar Sands Network will serve papers to Shell UK executives on behalf of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN). ACFN plans to sue Shell for failure to meet contractual agreements made between Shell and the First Nations regarding existing tar sands projects within ACFN traditional territory and Canada’s pristine Athabasca, a UNESCO heritage site. Chief Allan Adam along with the entire council of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN) will rally outside Shell Canada corporate headquarters in downtown Calgary later today and hold a press conference.
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan
- Climate Action Network Establishes Expectations for Canada at UN Climate Negotiations in Bonn
- MEDIA ADVISORY: CAN-Rac Members Available for Comment at COP23
- Inputs to the Government of Canada about Loss and Damage for COP23