The Canadian Government hands out around a billion dollars a year in tax breaks to oil. coal and gas companies. These tax breaks go to some of the richest companies in the country and are increasingly recognized as unnecessary and obsolete.
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties
- Climate Action Network calls for postponement of COP26 until safety and equity concerns addressed
- CAN-Rac’s 2021 Federal Election Policy Priorities
- “Code red” IPCC report confirms the urgent need for large-scale climate action
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition