The Canadian Government hands out around a billion dollars a year in tax breaks to oil. coal and gas companies. These tax breaks go to some of the richest companies in the country and are increasingly recognized as unnecessary and obsolete.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up