This document details Canada’s commitment to combat climate change through governmental policy and promises to meet the emission standards which had been set at the Copenhagen Conference. Also outlined is the plan to implement regulations on vehicle tailpipe emissions through the Canadian Environmental Protection Act as well as plans to implement a North American Cap-and-Trade system for GHG emissions.
- Civil Society Reacts to Canada’s Newly Announced Federal Climate Target
- New research: Canada can double climate ambition for 2030 and reduce energy costs
- Federal Budget React: Canadian Civil Society Responds
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice
- Environmental groups urge federal parliamentarians to unblock climate bill