This document details Canada’s commitment to combat climate change through governmental policy and promises to meet the emission standards which had been set at the Copenhagen Conference. Also outlined is the plan to implement regulations on vehicle tailpipe emissions through the Canadian Environmental Protection Act as well as plans to implement a North American Cap-and-Trade system for GHG emissions.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate