This document details Canada’s commitment to combat climate change through governmental policy and promises to meet the emission standards which had been set at the Copenhagen Conference. Also outlined is the plan to implement regulations on vehicle tailpipe emissions through the Canadian Environmental Protection Act as well as plans to implement a North American Cap-and-Trade system for GHG emissions.
- CAN-Rac Statement on the Federal Government of Canada’s newly announced $10 billion dollar infrastructure plan
- Collaboration with the Foundation for Environmental Stewardship
- Climate Action Network Canada’s Executive Director Catherine Abreu Responds to Speech from the Throne: A Call to Parliamentarians to Meet the Challenges of This Time
- Ensuring a Just Recovery for Canada
- Organizations ask for climate action in throne speech/ Les organisations demandent de l’action climatique dans le discours du trône