“About a month ago, there was concern that the wheels could be coming off British Columbia’s efforts to build a clean energy economy. In particular, B.C.’s continued involvement in the Western Climate Initiative’s cap-and-trade system looked to be at risk. Thankfully, recent statements from B.C. Liberal leader Christy Clark and NDP candidate David Eby — contests in today’s Point Grey by-election — tell a different story.” more.
- Quebec finally legally protected against the fossil fuel industry
- Budget 2022 reveals Canada’s inadequate response to global crises and fossil fuel dependence
- “Heartbreaking” Bay du Nord decision ignores IPCC findings, exposes Canada’s climate hypocrisy
- The world must halve emissions by 2030: IPCC report shows need for just and systemic transformation, fossil fuel phase-out
- 2030 Emissions Reduction Plan improves on transparency, but whole-of-government approach is missing