“The European Union is preparing to slap a dirty fuel label on Canada’s oil sands, a move that would increase political pressure on Europe’s major oil companies to curb their investments in the Alberta projects. The Conservative government has been lobbying furiously to prevent the EU from targeting the oil sands – so much so that one member of the European Parliament has condemned Canada’s intervention as ‘unacceptable.’ ” Read more….
- We’re hiring a Francophone Communities Campaign Coordinator!
- Oil and gas cap is Canada’s chance to reverse emissions trajectory, if done right
- G7 leaders open the door to gas expansion, putting global climate goals at risk
- Civil society groups urge Canada and B.C. to end harassment of land defenders and comply with UN calls to action
- Quebec finally legally protected against the fossil fuel industry