“The European Union is preparing to slap a dirty fuel label on Canada’s oil sands, a move that would increase political pressure on Europe’s major oil companies to curb their investments in the Alberta projects. The Conservative government has been lobbying furiously to prevent the EU from targeting the oil sands – so much so that one member of the European Parliament has condemned Canada’s intervention as ‘unacceptable.’ ” Read more….
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up