This document is the Proposal for Evaluating Upstream GHG emissions of Tar Sands as Feedstock for a notional European Refinery as defined for the JEC Well-to-Wheel Study. It conveys two main tasks both of which centre around reviewing the GHG emission intensity values around the extraction and upgrading of tar sands crude oil as well as investigate the blending of other crude oil feedstock with tar sands crude to meet certain regulation in regards to GHG intensity values and sulphur limits.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate