This document shows the media lines prepared by Environment Canada for comment on the defeat in senate of the Climate Change Accountability Act (Bill C-311). Despite gaining majority approval by the democratically elected House of Commons, the bill was voted down by the appointed Senate – the first time in the post-war history of Canadian democracy that the unelected Senate overruled the decisions of the elected representatives of the Canadian electorate.
- Canada’s new Net Zero Advisory Body and Bill C-12
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Reacts to the Federal Government’s New Climate Action Plan
- Climate Action Network Canada Responds to the Fall Fiscal Update
- High-Level Recommendations for Bill C-12, the Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Issues Statement on the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act