This document shows the media lines prepared by Environment Canada for comment on the defeat in senate of the Climate Change Accountability Act (Bill C-311). Despite gaining majority approval by the democratically elected House of Commons, the bill was voted down by the appointed Senate – the first time in the post-war history of Canadian democracy that the unelected Senate overruled the decisions of the elected representatives of the Canadian electorate.
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties
- Climate Action Network calls for postponement of COP26 until safety and equity concerns addressed
- CAN-Rac’s 2021 Federal Election Policy Priorities
- “Code red” IPCC report confirms the urgent need for large-scale climate action
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition