This document shows the media lines prepared by Environment Canada for comment on the defeat in senate of the Climate Change Accountability Act (Bill C-311). Despite gaining majority approval by the democratically elected House of Commons, the bill was voted down by the appointed Senate – the first time in the post-war history of Canadian democracy that the unelected Senate overruled the decisions of the elected representatives of the Canadian electorate.
- Climate Action Network Canada and the Canadian Coalition for Climate and Development respond to G7 announcement on climate finance
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to Government of Canada’s Policy Statement on future thermal coal mining projects and project expansions
- Environmental organizations urge swift passage of amended climate bill through Parliament
- The IEA’s new report outlines a pathway to net-zero by 2050. Here’s why it matters & what it means
- A Climate Accountability Law for a Safe and Brighter Future