This document shows the media lines prepared by Environment Canada for comment on the defeat in senate of the Climate Change Accountability Act (Bill C-311). Despite gaining majority approval by the democratically elected House of Commons, the bill was voted down by the appointed Senate – the first time in the post-war history of Canadian democracy that the unelected Senate overruled the decisions of the elected representatives of the Canadian electorate.
- No room for provincial exceptionalism when it comes to cutting carbon pollution
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to the One Planet Summit in Paris, and Canada’s role there
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan