This document shows the media lines prepared by Environment Canada for comment on the defeat in senate of the Climate Change Accountability Act (Bill C-311). Despite gaining majority approval by the democratically elected House of Commons, the bill was voted down by the appointed Senate – the first time in the post-war history of Canadian democracy that the unelected Senate overruled the decisions of the elected representatives of the Canadian electorate.
- CAN-Rac Statement on the Federal Government of Canada’s newly announced $10 billion dollar infrastructure plan
- Collaboration with the Foundation for Environmental Stewardship
- Climate Action Network Canada’s Executive Director Catherine Abreu Responds to Speech from the Throne: A Call to Parliamentarians to Meet the Challenges of This Time
- Ensuring a Just Recovery for Canada
- Organizations ask for climate action in throne speech/ Les organisations demandent de l’action climatique dans le discours du trône