This document outlines a meeting with the Alberta Minister of Intergovernmental and International Relations, Iris Evans in which similar concerns are proposed in terms of the Canadian Government feels that the specific value of tar sands oil GHG intensity levels from conventional crude oil is unjustified even with evidence supporting that average GHG emissions of tar sands crude is higher than conventional crude oil.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate