This document outlines a meeting with the Alberta Minister of Intergovernmental and International Relations, Iris Evans in which similar concerns are proposed in terms of the Canadian Government feels that the specific value of tar sands oil GHG intensity levels from conventional crude oil is unjustified even with evidence supporting that average GHG emissions of tar sands crude is higher than conventional crude oil.
- Climate Action Network Canada Reacts to Supreme Court Ruling on Carbon Pricing
- Civil Society Reacts to Canada’s Newly Announced Federal Climate Target
- New research: Canada can double climate ambition for 2030 and reduce energy costs
- Federal Budget React: Canadian Civil Society Responds
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice