This email outlines meetings between Ambassador Ross Hornby and several MEP to discuss several key issues pertaining to Canadian-European relations. One item discussed was the Oil sands, and mentioned is the Chair of the Industry and Energy Committee, Herbert Reul stating he supported Ambassador Hornby’s concerns that the Clean Fuel Directive was “prejudicing oil sands oil,” (p.2) and that he planned to act further on this issue.
- Civil Society Reacts to Canada’s Newly Announced Federal Climate Target
- New research: Canada can double climate ambition for 2030 and reduce energy costs
- Federal Budget React: Canadian Civil Society Responds
- Press Release: International experts urge Canada to step up ambition, climate finance, green investments and prioritize a just transition and climate justice
- Environmental groups urge federal parliamentarians to unblock climate bill