This email outlines meetings between Ambassador Ross Hornby and several MEP to discuss several key issues pertaining to Canadian-European relations. One item discussed was the Oil sands, and mentioned is the Chair of the Industry and Energy Committee, Herbert Reul stating he supported Ambassador Hornby’s concerns that the Clean Fuel Directive was “prejudicing oil sands oil,” (p.2) and that he planned to act further on this issue.
- Delivery of promised $100 billion delayed again; new climate finance plan fails to match the urgency of the need
- CAN-Rac releases COP26 brief, A Manifesto of Resistance
- New poll reveals Canadians want Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to deliver on climate promises in his first 100 days in office
- Governments must urgently present a clear pathway for the future of oil and gas workers: new report from Climate Action Network and Blue Green Canada
- Shannon Franssen announced as new Executive Director of Climate Action Network Canada