This email outlines meetings between Ambassador Ross Hornby and several MEP to discuss several key issues pertaining to Canadian-European relations. One item discussed was the Oil sands, and mentioned is the Chair of the Industry and Energy Committee, Herbert Reul stating he supported Ambassador Hornby’s concerns that the Clean Fuel Directive was “prejudicing oil sands oil,” (p.2) and that he planned to act further on this issue.
- No room for provincial exceptionalism when it comes to cutting carbon pollution
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to the One Planet Summit in Paris, and Canada’s role there
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan