This email outlines meetings between Ambassador Ross Hornby and several MEP to discuss several key issues pertaining to Canadian-European relations. One item discussed was the Oil sands, and mentioned is the Chair of the Industry and Energy Committee, Herbert Reul stating he supported Ambassador Hornby’s concerns that the Clean Fuel Directive was “prejudicing oil sands oil,” (p.2) and that he planned to act further on this issue.
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan
- Climate Action Network Establishes Expectations for Canada at UN Climate Negotiations in Bonn
- MEDIA ADVISORY: CAN-Rac Members Available for Comment at COP23
- Inputs to the Government of Canada about Loss and Damage for COP23