This document presents Canada’s concerns over the FGQ in a meeting with Ambassador Ross Hornby, which plans to implement higher GHG intensity values for crude oil obtained from tar sands which are different than those of conventional crude oils currently used within Europe, mostly because of higher extraction costs, in that Canada claims that the average lifecycle of crude oil derived from tar sands has GHG levels in the range as other crude oil sources currently used and traded globally.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up