This document presents Canada’s concerns over the FGQ in a meeting with Ambassador Ross Hornby, which plans to implement higher GHG intensity values for crude oil obtained from tar sands which are different than those of conventional crude oils currently used within Europe, mostly because of higher extraction costs, in that Canada claims that the average lifecycle of crude oil derived from tar sands has GHG levels in the range as other crude oil sources currently used and traded globally.
- Environmental organizations representing millions of Canadians urges Prime Minister Trudeau to listen to the majority – climate-concerned voters – and swiftly fulfil climate promises
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties
- Climate Action Network calls for postponement of COP26 until safety and equity concerns addressed
- CAN-Rac’s 2021 Federal Election Policy Priorities
- “Code red” IPCC report confirms the urgent need for large-scale climate action