This document presents Canada’s concerns over the FGQ in a meeting with Ambassador Ross Hornby, which plans to implement higher GHG intensity values for crude oil obtained from tar sands which are different than those of conventional crude oils currently used within Europe, mostly because of higher extraction costs, in that Canada claims that the average lifecycle of crude oil derived from tar sands has GHG levels in the range as other crude oil sources currently used and traded globally.
- Canada’s new Net Zero Advisory Body and Bill C-12
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Reacts to the Federal Government’s New Climate Action Plan
- Climate Action Network Canada Responds to the Fall Fiscal Update
- High-Level Recommendations for Bill C-12, the Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Issues Statement on the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act