This document presents Canada’s concerns over the FGQ in a meeting with Ambassador Ross Hornby, which plans to implement higher GHG intensity values for crude oil obtained from tar sands which are different than those of conventional crude oils currently used within Europe, mostly because of higher extraction costs, in that Canada claims that the average lifecycle of crude oil derived from tar sands has GHG levels in the range as other crude oil sources currently used and traded globally.
- We’re hiring a Francophone Communities Campaign Coordinator!
- Oil and gas cap is Canada’s chance to reverse emissions trajectory, if done right
- G7 leaders open the door to gas expansion, putting global climate goals at risk
- Civil society groups urge Canada and B.C. to end harassment of land defenders and comply with UN calls to action
- Quebec finally legally protected against the fossil fuel industry