This document outlines current legislative initiatives being undertaken both by the US Congress as well as the EPA through its regulatory authority under the Clean Air Act. The document discusses the Waxman-Markey Bill, new GHG emission reduction and increased fuel economy standards for car and light truck models, and as well actions taken by certain groups to hinder and block the progression of these pieces of legislation from passing.
- Climate Action Network Canada and the Canadian Coalition for Climate and Development respond to G7 announcement on climate finance
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to Government of Canada’s Policy Statement on future thermal coal mining projects and project expansions
- Environmental organizations urge swift passage of amended climate bill through Parliament
- The IEA’s new report outlines a pathway to net-zero by 2050. Here’s why it matters & what it means
- A Climate Accountability Law for a Safe and Brighter Future