This document outlines current legislative initiatives being undertaken both by the US Congress as well as the EPA through its regulatory authority under the Clean Air Act. The document discusses the Waxman-Markey Bill, new GHG emission reduction and increased fuel economy standards for car and light truck models, and as well actions taken by certain groups to hinder and block the progression of these pieces of legislation from passing.
- Canada’s new Net Zero Advisory Body and Bill C-12
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Reacts to the Federal Government’s New Climate Action Plan
- Climate Action Network Canada Responds to the Fall Fiscal Update
- High-Level Recommendations for Bill C-12, the Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act
- CAN-Rac’s Catherine Abreu Issues Statement on the Canadian Net-Zero Emissions Accountability Act