This document outlines current legislative initiatives being undertaken both by the US Congress as well as the EPA through its regulatory authority under the Clean Air Act. The document discusses the Waxman-Markey Bill, new GHG emission reduction and increased fuel economy standards for car and light truck models, and as well actions taken by certain groups to hinder and block the progression of these pieces of legislation from passing.
- Environmental organizations representing millions of Canadians urges Prime Minister Trudeau to listen to the majority – climate-concerned voters – and swiftly fulfil climate promises
- Climate Action Network to host climate roundtable with all major parties
- Climate Action Network calls for postponement of COP26 until safety and equity concerns addressed
- CAN-Rac’s 2021 Federal Election Policy Priorities
- “Code red” IPCC report confirms the urgent need for large-scale climate action