This document outlines information pertaining to renewable energy in Canada in preparation for the IEA Ministerial Meeting. It discusses how Canada is a leader in renewable energy technologies, currently renewable energies account for 61% of Canada’s electricity generation (59% of which is hydro), and Canada is committed to increasing this to 90% by 2020. It also discusses several provinces contributing to this goal, such as Ontario’s Green Energy and Green Economy Act.
- CAN-Rac is hiring an Executive Director! [deadline extended]
- Canada’s new Nationally Determined Contribution does not reflect the country’s highest possible ambition
- After years of mobilization, civil society celebrates passage of Bill C-12
- A People’s Plan: Benchmarks for Evaluating Canada’s International Climate Commitments Ahead of 2021 Summit
- Environmental groups celebrate adoption of Bill C-12 in House of Commons and call for quick passage through Senate