This document outlines information pertaining to renewable energy in Canada in preparation for the IEA Ministerial Meeting. It discusses how Canada is a leader in renewable energy technologies, currently renewable energies account for 61% of Canada’s electricity generation (59% of which is hydro), and Canada is committed to increasing this to 90% by 2020. It also discusses several provinces contributing to this goal, such as Ontario’s Green Energy and Green Economy Act.
- CAN-Rac releases COP26 brief, A Manifesto of Resistance
- New poll reveals Canadians want Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to deliver on climate promises in his first 100 days in office
- Governments must urgently present a clear pathway for the future of oil and gas workers: new report from Climate Action Network and Blue Green Canada
- Shannon Franssen announced as new Executive Director of Climate Action Network Canada
- Environmental organizations representing millions of Canadians urges Prime Minister Trudeau to listen to the majority – climate-concerned voters – and swiftly fulfil climate promises