This document outlines information pertaining to renewable energy in Canada in preparation for the IEA Ministerial Meeting. It discusses how Canada is a leader in renewable energy technologies, currently renewable energies account for 61% of Canada’s electricity generation (59% of which is hydro), and Canada is committed to increasing this to 90% by 2020. It also discusses several provinces contributing to this goal, such as Ontario’s Green Energy and Green Economy Act.
- CAN-Rac Statement on the Federal Government of Canada’s newly announced $10 billion dollar infrastructure plan
- Collaboration with the Foundation for Environmental Stewardship
- Climate Action Network Canada’s Executive Director Catherine Abreu Responds to Speech from the Throne: A Call to Parliamentarians to Meet the Challenges of This Time
- Ensuring a Just Recovery for Canada
- Organizations ask for climate action in throne speech/ Les organisations demandent de l’action climatique dans le discours du trône