In this letter, Michael Wilson conveys the Government of Canada’s views on section 526 of the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Wilson writes that Section 526 was not meant to be interpreted to apply to the oil sands. This is offside with Henry Waxman’s interpretation, which is significant considering Waxman wrote the legislation.
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan
- Climate Action Network Establishes Expectations for Canada at UN Climate Negotiations in Bonn
- MEDIA ADVISORY: CAN-Rac Members Available for Comment at COP23
- Inputs to the Government of Canada about Loss and Damage for COP23