In this letter, Michael Wilson conveys the Government of Canada’s views on section 526 of the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Wilson writes that Section 526 was not meant to be interpreted to apply to the oil sands. This is offside with Henry Waxman’s interpretation, which is significant considering Waxman wrote the legislation.
- Climate Action Network Canada and the Canadian Coalition for Climate and Development respond to G7 announcement on climate finance
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to Government of Canada’s Policy Statement on future thermal coal mining projects and project expansions
- Environmental organizations urge swift passage of amended climate bill through Parliament
- The IEA’s new report outlines a pathway to net-zero by 2050. Here’s why it matters & what it means
- A Climate Accountability Law for a Safe and Brighter Future