In this letter, Michael Wilson conveys the Government of Canada’s views on section 526 of the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Wilson writes that Section 526 was not meant to be interpreted to apply to the oil sands. This is offside with Henry Waxman’s interpretation, which is significant considering Waxman wrote the legislation.
- CER’s Energy Future 2021 sets Canada up for climate failure
- Climate Action Network responds to Speech from the Throne
- Canadian civil society reacts to COP26: incremental inadequate progress; a reason to mobilize
- Climate experts demand Canada push for stronger COP26 decision text
- As COP26 nears end game, draft decision text fails to address the emergency; Canada urged to step up