In this letter, Michael Wilson conveys the Government of Canada’s views on section 526 of the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Wilson writes that Section 526 was not meant to be interpreted to apply to the oil sands. This is offside with Henry Waxman’s interpretation, which is significant considering Waxman wrote the legislation.
- No room for provincial exceptionalism when it comes to cutting carbon pollution
- Climate Action Network Canada reacts to the One Planet Summit in Paris, and Canada’s role there
- CAN-Rac and others call on Ministers to fulfil their commitments to reform and phase out fossil fuel subsidies
- Powering Past Coal Announcement Shows Rise of International Collective Action; Domestic Implementation will Bring it Home
- Canada Must Bring Just Transition into their Climate Plan